We are committed...

At Juniper we are committed to nurturing the spirit of life in each individual we serve so that they may live fully throughout all seasons of life. To us this means understanding an individual, not only their needs but their desires and responding with programs and services which provide for the highest quality of life possible. Our Alive in All Seasons program of activities is designed to foster healthy bodies, enriched minds and fulfilled spirits. These pictures and stories are living proof that we at Juniper are dedicated to walking our talk!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Travels

Recently, this Juniper Berry took some time to focus on Nurturing her own Spirit. My Travels out West landed me on top of Mount Timpanogos in the Wasatch Mountain Range in Utah. The 8 hour hike was breathtaking, literally! Being a lowlander here in Meadville at 1099 ft above sea level, the 10,380 ft that Emerald Lake stands on was a challenge to my lungs. "Breathe in your nose!" My friend said. "Don't fall off the Mountain!" is what I was thinking. Pictured to the left is my vantage point about 2.5 hours into the ascent. I remember feeling overwhelmed by the experience and the humbling effect of the magnitude that Mt. Timp exuded. In my naivete, I wondered how far we were to travel this day. The Summit of that mountain in the top middle of the swale was to be our destination, to my surprise. We traversed that swale dozens of times to reach our goal. A family of Mountain Goats welcomed our trio as we hurdled the last leg of the hike. I swear I heard the little "kids" say "you are almost there!" I rounded the last switchback and peered ahead to discover what beauty a 300 million year old Glacier can create. I took a moment to connect with my family back home as I absorbed the sun's Vitamin D and Mother Nature's serenity. At the end of the day, I remember never feeling so exhausted and fulfilled at the same time. I recommend the experience. I challenge all of you to get out there and focus on Nurturing your own Spirit of Life! "The Environment, Breathe in Life" is Juniper's August Message, and I can't think of a more fitting educational piece than my experience in Utah. I look forward to sharing my adventures with the Residents.
-Mandy Maruska, Director of Community Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment